How to Wear Contact Lenses in 4 Easy Steps
- Before you start, wash your hands properly with soap, then rinse and dry your hands with a lint-free towel.
- Put the lens on the tip of your finger and check that the lens isn't inside out. If the edge curves out, it is inside out. It should look like a bowl with straight edges.
- Gently hold your upper eyelid with one finger so you don’t blink or get your eyelashes in the way, and carefully pull down your lower eyelid with your other fingers.
- Move the contact lens toward your eye steadily. Look upward as you place it on your eye, and slowly release your eyelid and close your eye for a moment to allow the lens to settle. Repeat for your other eye.
How to Take off Contact Lenses in 4 Easy Steps
- Ensure your hands are clean and dry, start with your right eye, then look up and carefully pull down your lower eyelid with your middle finger.
- Bring your index finger to your eye slowly until you touch the lower edge of the lens, and slide the lens down to the lower white part of your eye.
- Gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and index finger and remove it. Repeat for your other eye.
- Discard daily disposable contact lenses and make sure you clean and disinfect bi-weekly, monthly and yearly contact lenses.
Cleaning and Storage
- Fill your contact lens case with fresh multipurpose solution
- Put one lens in the clean and dry palm of your hand, and apply a few drops of fresh multipurpose solution. Gently rub the lens back and forth on your palm with one finger to clean the lens surface.
- Rinse your lens thoroughly with more of your solution, and put it into your clean contact lens case.
- Repeat this for your other lens, close the case and leave your lenses to soak overnight.